Wednesday, January 30, 2013

tomorrow's the last day of january, hooray.

sometimes when the day is long, or i don't feel well {like today; yesterday and today my body is just not feeling right}, or things are overwhelming,
i open up a book full of poems and read the ones that pertain to me most.
i received this book {she walks in beauty} as a birthday present last year and it will always
be one to stay close with me.

this poem is out of the silence and solitude section. enjoy.



As Much As You Can
Constantine P. Cavafy

And if you can't shape your life the way you want,
at least try as much as you can
not to degrade it
by too much contact with the world,
by too much activity and talk.

Try not to degrade it by dragging it along,
making it around and exposing it so often
to the daily silliness
of social events and parties,
until it comes to seem a boring hanger-on.


and to point out the title of my post, i don't care for january very much. i never have.
so, i suppose it's okay to say that i'm happy to see it go.
february is always a good month, despite valentines ;)
and march through june are my favorite.
{even more than christmas!}

i'm looking forward to longer days,
warmer days,
sunnier days,
and simpler days.
even if they're still short,
cold,
dreary,
and stressful.

they'll still be good.
i just know it!


xoxo



forget-me-nots are my favorite, and they remind me of my favorite time of year.
i found these here.

No comments:

Post a Comment