Tuesday, April 23, 2013

"first day of my life"


this is the first day of my life
i swear i was born right in the doorway
i went out in the rain
suddenly everything changed
they're spreading blankets on the beach...

...yours is the first face that i saw
i think i was blind before i met you
now i don't know where i am
i don't know where i've been
but i know where i want to go.

// bright eyes


it was sunny today.
but i still wanted to go somewhere else.
i wanted to take an airplane.
i wanted to sit outside of a coffee shop and order a shot of espresso.
i wanted to sit and talk with a stranger.
i wanted to write about that stranger.
i wanted to walk down an unfamiliar street and peer into the windows of shops.
i wanted to meet a handsome fellow for dinner.
and talk about how marvelous my day was.
and we would laugh, and he would listen,
and then he would talk and i would take my turn as listener.
there would be a piano and he would ask me to dance to just one song,
and i would decline, but the sincerity in his smile would bring me to my feet.
when the evening closed he would walk me home,
kiss me goodnight,
and marvel at the day that had brought us together.

-M.

No comments:

Post a Comment