Friday, June 14, 2013

tomorrow means romania.

"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."

-Andre Gide


this quote is engraved onto the journal that my uncle and his girl friend, courtney, gave me. i love it because it completely applies to how i feel right now. romania is a huge, new ocean for me and this trip is taking all of the courage that i have. 

i could pray for a multitude of things right now but i don't quite have the words, nor do i have much emotion. i think i'll remain numb until i hear the name "romania" come over the airplane intercom. 

in three short weeks i will be making my way back home, so it's crucial for me to throw myself into everything that awaits me. i think it's safe to say that my first overseas endeavor is bound to be a memorable one.

and i'm seeing that complete physical and mental obedience to god is a humbling thing.
i don't know what to expect or how to feel or anything. 

all i know is that my life of adventures begins now...it's crazy scary and overwhelming, but i'm not one to just sit around comfortable, watching the world spin by.


be back soon.

xoxo

M.

1 comment: