Monday, April 28, 2014

Proverbs 31

At George fox University I once heard a
sermon on the Proverbs 31 woman.

Around that time I was surrounded by guys
who either claimed to have found their "P31 girl"
or were praying to one day find a "P31 girl."
Basically, they wanted a girlfriend who was wife material,
which isn't as weird as it sounds.
I mean, a lot of them were after good, honest, God-fearing women
and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.


I found that saying silly until I understood who that woman is.
And since then it has been one of my main goals in life to lead a life of character such as hers.
I'm nowhere near perfect, but the woman in Proverbs isn't either.
And, honestly, when I have found myself in situations that may greatly
reflect my character, I keep the thought of her near by.

Here is a link to break down who she is and what she means.

Take a look, it's actually rather interesting that the Bible addresses a woman
with such care and description. It shows just how valued women are in the eyes of God,
and that meeting his approval requires nothing but love for Him.

“Many women do noble things,
    but you surpass them all.
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
    but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." 

                                                       Proverbs 31:29-30


And the rest of the passage can be read here.

No comments:

Post a Comment