The list–in order–of the Ms I strive/hope for in life. To be…
- Madison — the Madison that God designed me to be; as humble a servant as I can, for the rest of my life. I'm all for embracing my excessive list of imperfections.
- Married — a wife to a God-fearing man; a wife that serves and loves her husband unconditionally.
- Missionary — in whatever country, city and context; for however long or enduring; even when I want to say “no” but God says “yes”.
- Mother — I dream of boys and one girl. Lots of boys, noise, adventures, mischief, messy meals, daring feats, creative endeavors, belly laughs, lessons learned, music danced to, trials and growth, and love, love love. I don’t want conventional motherhood. My famous line for as long as I can remember: “Only put me in the suburbs if we don’t yet have a baby. That way, I won’t get stuck. If you give me a baby, give me a city, a shack in another continent, give me countries, a small apartment, a village, a shared space — whatever is unconventional." (I say this now with complete ignorance to the longed-for-ideals that accompany motherhood, but I mean it nonetheless).
- Movies — I want to write a movie. I’d love to win an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay. I’d love to represent women–a Hispanic woman at that–and win that damn category with a piece of art that I am proud of. But this is a dream of all dreams, so we'll just have to see.