Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Angus & Julia Stone // "Just A Boy" // Such an old song in my life, but it just came on the radio & I wanted to document it.

I bit my tongue in the arc of conversation
I don't know why, I don't know why
I met you once and I'd fallen for your notions
I don't know why, I don't know why
Do you believe that there's treasures in the ocean?
Did I say I'm just a boy?
One kiss from you and I'm drunk up on your potion
That big old smile is all you wore
Girl, you make me want to feel
The things I've never felt before
Girl, you make me want to feel
Did I say I'm just a boy?
Did I say I'm just a boy?
You hold me to that
No lonely hands grab my suitcase full of nothing
I don't know why, I don't know why
You took me in gave me something to believe in
That big old smile is all you wore



yay for new love, yes? 

+++

side note: i wrote this nearly two years ago. lately i have been feeling myself change yet again, but this brings me peace knowing that my goals have not wavered --


"so maybe i'm stubborn, and even a bit crass about that stubbornness.
i'll have to learn to adapt a bit better, but for now there are things i will pursue 
whole hearted and remain passionate about achieving them.



1. i want to always be impacted by the lives of those around me. i want to see through my own life and never find myself too comfortable. 

2. i want to be a mom. and i never used to want this. and i don't want this for a very long time. but recently i have gained more of an appreciation for child-like perspectives, and the love that comes from caring for someone incapable of caring for their own self.

3. i want to teach people how to write. how to express themselves. and i want to watch them grow in the beauty that is found between paper and pen contact, and the deep crevices of a book about one's own life.

4. i want to forever keep my heart in the act of be still & know

5. i want to travel. to take in the world--explore it, learn from it, grow from it. i want to collect people and allow the goodness of new relationships with people and places to fill my life.

6. i want to write. for forever. 

7. i want to marry my best friend. in spite of life and the obstacles it throws, i want a blessed marriage, overflowing with love and joy and humility and respect. 



i want these things and i want to remember, as i go into a new year, that these things are very possible.


happy almost thanksgiving."



yay for seeing things from retrospect. 
also, how has time gone this fast?
i swear i feel like i'm still twelve living a life ten years too old for my own good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment