Wednesday, February 10, 2016

on another vogue note:


"L.A. is quite an ugly city compared to Paris--no? But what's really beautiful about it is the dream that this city carries alongside its history. L.A. is a complete myth, which is what makes it a great destination for artists."

L.A. is a complete myth...

As I read her description I had one of those ahhh, there's some truth moments.
Most of my days in L.A. are spent pinching myself in regards to the 
things I see and hear and even do.
The other half of me is busy picking my jaw up from the floor,
or shaking my head out of wonderment.

This place is a dream,
an icon,
a historical goldmine,
crazy,
dysfunctional,
fast,
crammed,
beautiful and ugly,
diverse,
complicated,


and a complete myth --

such a wonderful characteristic.

I hear the rumors,
and I catch glimpses of the potential realities,
but I have yet to meet the truth.

So, perhaps all that they tell me is a myth.
Perhaps we're all fooling ourselves.
But don't wake anyone up.

I told someone at my workplace that I don't know what on earth I'm doing here ever
and he said none of us know what we're doing but we do it anyway..

Or something like that.



Or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment