Sunday, February 28, 2016

Oscar Sunday

I've been getting in a routine of waking around six am, even on mornings
that I don't intern, so that I can write.

My screenwriting professor has pushed the idea of making my writing
time not only a habit but a permanent fixture of my daily routines.

I awoke shortly before six.
The fog was so thick that I could barely see the street lights outside my window.
There is a great big window in my living area and I scoot a chair up to it in the morning,
place my laptop on the windowsill, and write.

This is always my favorite part of the day -
me sharing my secrets of writing with the morning.

Currently I am developing the first several pages for act one of my screenplay.

This morning I had another one of the many quiet moments of feeling overwhelmed
with how blessed I feel.

I have so many years, so much work, and a lifetime of networking ahead of me
before I even scratch the surface of making it as a writer. No one is guaranteed certain successes,
in my opinion. So even after years, I may never attain higher levels of successes.

But I'm going to reach and reach for them.

This morning as I looked toward the fog covered hills of Hollywood and in the direction
of Sunset Blvd., I couldn't help but smile in the humble hope that some Sunday I might
find myself waking to Oscar morning with a nomination in mind.

It's one of those dreams, I know...
But I'm not ashamed of it.

I would love to take that stage someday.

Though to have my work read and understood by anyone
would even be enough.
Seeing it on a screen would put me at a loss,
and an award for any work would just...well, I'd cry. And cry. And laugh. And cry some more.

In all the best ways, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment