Sunday, August 21, 2016

a skipped "style inspiration series" post & a promise

I am officially promising myself two things:

1. To write one weekly post about a stylishly strong woman

&

2. To also write about women whose styles I am relatively (even completely)
unfamiliar with.


For the past week and a half I have given good thought to which woman I want to write about next. I still have plans to write about Grace Coddington, but I am saving her for September. Rather than posting tonight, I'd like to spend a bit more time learning about the woman I currently want to write about.

I want to make sure my facts are straight and that I can properly convey my angle.

So far, I seem to relate to this woman in that her accomplishments are the very things I aspire to.

And, I am very excited to learn more about her personal style.

In my previous two posts I have talked about fashion models. While there is no shame in what they do, I don't want to limit "style" to just fashion and a modeling vocation.

I think that style is entirely universal, personal, and controversial (HA!) -- therefore, I don't want to simply talk about one type of woman. I want to talk about other women who inspire me for a variety of reasons. I think that effortlessness style can be found in a multitude of places. As can inspiration. While in the midst of an especially tough season of my own life, I hope that focusing in on strong women will propel the inspiration I need to keep aiming higher and higher.

Read along later this week?

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment