Monday, May 29, 2017

again

The dreams are happening again. More of them -- short, subtle, and lovely just the same.


The first is of a wedding. Not ours, but someone close to us. Someone I don't yet know, but will someday know in great depth. A song comes on. One we really love. I can hear the beat begin, and you look to me. And by that point, I have learned to accept the inevitability of dancing at these sorts of things. You pull me from my seat, a smile smeared across your handsome face, and we're off.  My feet don't move as smoothly as yours, but you pull me close continually and I'll follow you to the ends of the earth and to the middle of a dance floor.



The second is of a Sunday afternoon. And we're at Costco. I have the list and you push the cart, and I still follow your lead. And there is something incredibly mundane about shopping on a Sunday, but I reach for your arm, and I find warmth and security even within these millions of mundane moments and the afternoon is one of life's precious gifts.



The third is in a living room. It's late morning and we have nowhere to be. A movie is on, and we're both paying attention to it. Yet we exist, constantly aware of the other even when our focus shifts to something like a film. But you're there, every single day. And I am grounded where I lay along your side, and near your hands that seem to always find mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment